GoSignMeUp 20th Anniversary
(Newswire.net — January 19, 2017) Irvine, California –Leading professional development management solution provider GoSignMeUp has reached a business milestone in 2017; GoSignMeUp 20th Anniversary! The company, established in 1996 and making its first sale the following year, is celebrating its 20th year in business. Originally developed by Ed MacNevin, the co-founder and CEO of the company, it was designed to create an efficient online course registration system. Today, the company’s software solution is in use by thousands of users, including educational institutions, government agencies, healthcare firms, and corporate training environments. “Our software represents an efficient way to manage training and professional development,” says a company spokesperson. “Although we have added many features over the years, our original concept still serves as the core of the platform.” To learn more about the history of the company and its product development, visit http://www.gosignmeup.com/about-go-sign-me-up/online-registration-software-our-story/.
Our latest press release announcing our 20th Anniversary. GoSignMeUp – we are the registration experts!
5 Elements in a Successful Professional Development Plan
by Michael Morrison, GoSignMeUp
1. Needs Assessment. There are several ways that you can gather an organization’s needs.
- Survey the stakeholders
- Make a list of required initiatives
- Revisit your vision to create classes and tracks related to where you want to go
2. Design effective Courses According to nea Today, “In schools where professional learning is centered around job-embedded collaboration with a focus on student results, teachers feel less isolated and experience a greater sense of confidence and job satisfaction—basically, the antithesis of the type of professional development that occurs outside the school, away from actual instruction, and away from students.”
So the question is how do we design courses that are not “sit and get” but extend beyond the one shot staff development. The answer is to design courses that live on through a Learning Management System. The technique is simple. When you have a staff development day or session, create an online class for the session. This not only allows you to post the materials but lets you start discussions that can last beyond a “Spray and Prey” session.
There are several good LMS systems that allow you to do this well like Blackboard, Haiku LMS, and Canvas. A tool that connects the sign-up process, print name tags but also register people in the classes is called GoSignMeUp and can connected to all three of the above mentioned systems.
3. Make It Fun. A lot of people miss this fun playful side of staff development. Many Learning Management Systems offer badges for courses and GoSignMeUp can track if the courses were completed in a certain strand and send out a certificate. Creating a multi tier approach encourages growth. “Gamify” the process. People can be motivated to gather the next level by a sense of accomplishment and the want to build a resume or move up in the organization.
4. Create Learning Communities – Scrumify it. By pairing up staff with each other, you can create small learning communities that focus on continual improvement of the organization. These smaller groups can push forward short increments if they are given authority to do so. This process of a Scrum is similar to a rugby match in which you join in a Scrum to move the ball forward. Learn more about the Scrum process here.
5. Measure Results. If it is worth teaching it is worth measuring. Find reliable metrics that can assess your staff development goals. Is it a specific goal that you want students in a school to achieve or knowledge need to launch a new product for a company.
For more information on how GoSignMeUp can help you create a successful professional development plan, call 1-888-286-4826, or fill out our contact form.
Okta Identity Integration for SSO
GoSignMeUp has now integrated with Okta for identity management and federated identity-based authentication and authorization. With Okta Identity integration you can take advantage of ‘single sign-on’ (SSO). SSO allows your users to sign in to GoSignMeUp and other different organizations or institutions using just one ‘identity’. Okta integration allows for cross-domain single sign-on and removes the need for content providers to maintain user names and passwords. Okta Identity provides an identity and access management platform enabling the right people access to the right things seamlessly and securely. A user authenticates with his or her organizational credentials, and the organization (or identity provider) passes the minimal identity information necessary to the service provider to enable an authorization decision. Okta also provides extended privacy functionality allowing a user and their home site to control the attributes released to each application. GoSignMeUp now benefits from these features through Okta Identity integration. GoSignMeUp online class registration and management software saves training organizations time and money – and makes the user experience easier and more secure using Okta integration.
Contact GoSignMeUp for pricing information or questions about our registration software.
Changes To Outgoing Email
Responding to emerging internet security standards in regards to outgoing email, GoSignMeUp has made Changes To Outgoing Email. Internet security standards mandate that the “From:” address be the same domain that the email originates from. If the domains do not match, most recipient email servers will reject the email as spam.
To ensure mail delivery the “From:” address for emails will be “email@example.com” to match the sending domain of the mail server. There will be an additional “Reply to:” field with the typical email address of the email author. Functionality will remain the same for email recipients; Clicking “Reply” on an email client will result in the correct sender address in the response.
Clients also have the option to use their own mail server, to maintain domain-name continuity.
These mandatory changes will result in more reliable email delivery. Please let us know if you have any questions or issues by e-mailing us at “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
For more tips on how to avoid your outgoing email being labeled spam, check out this article.
Happy Halloween from GoSignMeUp
Happy Halloween from GoSignMeUp! Our customer support is anything but scary!
Our friendly and knowledgeable U.S. based service and support staff are one of the best features of GoSignMeUp. From the start, our implementation specialists will draw upon over 20 years of experience to analyze your needs and work with you one-on-one to ensure your GoSignMeUp registration system is optimized to save you time and make your work lives easier. Training is a personalized experience, with a live instructor walking you through every process, at your own pace, to answer any questions you may have. Multiple training sessions guide you through every step of the registration system, and ensure that you and your staff are familiar with the many automated and reporting features within the GoSignMeUp registration system. From setting up the registration fields, branding the site, creating custom completion certificates, crafting engaging emails, to data mining and reporting, our service and support team is ready to champion you and your cause.
Read more about our support team here – http://www.gosignmeup.com/u-s-based-support-and-service/
Watch GoSignMeUp in Action
Watch GoSignMeUp in Action! We give live webinars often to demonstrate the power and ease of GoSignMeUp registration software, so be sure to sign up! If you can’t make it, click here to view a pre-recorded demonstration at your leisure. You will be impressed at our streamlined check-out process, powerful automation and reporting functions. Check it out!
GoSignMeUp Online Registration software integrates with popular LMS platforms such as Blackboard and Canvas. In our demos we show you the benefits of GoSignMeUp, including a user-searchable institution branded catalog, the ability to charge for courses, automated email functions, automated certificates, and lots of reporting functions.
To visualize how GoSignMeUp facilitates professional development, imagine a bookshelf; the books are the online and in-seat courses, and the bookends that hold everything together are GoSignMeUp! On the front end, GoSignMeUp simplifies enrollment to an external audience by making it easy for users to search for courses, sign-up for them, pay, and get enrolled.
On the back end, GoSignMeUp manages the administration of the program like tracking course education units, transcript reporting, and sending out surveys and completion certificates! Plus, our powerful analytics are perfect for federal, state, and local reporting as well, to fine-tune and modify classes and course pathways.
Check out the schedule here – http://www.gosignmeup.com/webinars/
- After School and Enrichment Programs
- Automate Registration for Distance Learning
- Demo Home
- Easy Course Registration
- Emails and Texting
- Expand Your Market
- Increase Enrollments
- Manage Professional Development
- Pivot To Online Training With Canvas
- Save Time And Money
- Sell Class Materials Online
- Surveys and Evaluations